Patriot Day 2019! September 11th is United States Patriot Day. Today is September 11th. So today is US Patriot Day. The people of the United States is ready to celebrate this Patriot Day 2019. It is the official holiday in the United States.
In the Struction of this Content, we’ll provide you all the necessary information. The History of National Patriot Day is very important to know. Without knowing the history, you won’t understand about the Celebration.
US Patriot Day 2019 Quotes, Sayings & Greeting Cards:
- Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty. — John F. Kennedy, 35th U.S. President
- America was not built on fear. America was built on courage, on imagination and an unbeatable determination to do the job at hand. — Harry S Truman, 33rd U.S. President
- My dream is of a place and a time where America will once again be seen as the last best hope of earth. — Abraham Lincoln, 16th U.S. President
- Our flag honors those who have fought to protect it, and is a reminder of the sacrifice of our nation’s founders and heroes. As the ultimate icon of America’s storied history, the Stars and Stripes represents the very best of this nation. — Joe Barton, U.S. Representative
- The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth. — Stonewall Jackson, Confederate general during the American Civil War
- True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else. — Clarence Darrow, American lawyer
- The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. — Thomas Jefferson, 3rd US President
I think there is one higher office than president and I would call that patriot. — Gary Hart, Former American senator
Saying you are a patriot does not make you one; wearing a flag pin does not in itself mean anything at all. — Viggo Mortensen, Danish American actor
Patriot Day – National Patriot Day Quotes 2019:
- I think there is one higher office than president and I would call that patriot. ~Gary Hart
- God gave burdens, also shoulders. ~Yiddish Proverb
- Faith is the bird that sings when the dawn is still dark. ~Rabindranath Tagore
- All of us have wonders hidden in our breasts, only needing circumstances to evoke them. ~Charles Dickens
- I can think of no more stirring symbol of man’s humanity to man than a fire engine. ~Kurt Vonnegut (1922–2007)
- Giving up doesn’t always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go. ~Author Unknown
- Sadness flies away on the wings of time. ~Jean de La Fontaine
- Weave in faith and God will find the thread. ~Author Unknown
- If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other. ~Mother Teresa
- Peace cannot be achieved through violence, it can only be attained through understanding. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
- True courage is not the brutal force of vulgar heroes, but the firm resolve of virtue and reason. ~Alfred North Whitehead
- Sometimes even to live is an act of courage. ~Lucius Annaeus Seneca, Letters to Lucilius
- …a final comfort that is small, but not cold: The heart is the only broken instrument that works. ~T.E. Kalem
Patriot Day Facts
- On September 11th, US Flags should be flown at half mast – both on US soil and abroad.
- A moment of silence is held at 8:46 a.m. (EST) across the nation – commemorating the time the first plane struck the North Tower of the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001.
- The National September 11 Memorial and Museum takes up over half of the destroyed World Trade Center site. It contains bronze parapets inscribed with the names of those killed on September 11, 2001 and those killed in the 1993 World Trade Center attack.
- Cleaning up Ground Zero, as the World Trade Center was renamed, took 8 months and 19 days, and was completed in May of 2002.
- The Twin Towers of the World Trade Center were once the tallest buildings in the world, and contained enough concrete to build a sidewalk from New York City to Washington D.C.
Patriot Day (Sept 11) Top Events and Things to Do
- Visit the National September 11 Memorial and Museum in New York City.
- Observe a moment of silence.
- Attend a 9/11 Memorial Service.
- Share with a group of children your memories of 9/11 and how the events of the day forever changed America.
Show support for local police and firemen as a way to honor the emergency personnel who gave their lives on 9/11.